Sunday

The Wing Clipper


There are bad influences and then, there's personal responsibility. Around what age does one take over the other? 
There was this group of kids that were always getting into trouble. Most of them were usually nice and well behaved except when they were around Edmund. I’m not totally dismissing the responsibility for their own actions, but you could really see his nasty influence on them. I don’t know if Edmund was born evil or if something in his childhood fucked him up. All I know is that he had the keen ability to clip off the wings of his naive friends and make a bunch of regular kids into total assholes. They ended up being expelled from school and drifted off to a world of shit and misery.




14 comments:

  1. I think every school has a kid like this. I know mine did...
    Nice symbolism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, we've all met a wing clipper or two. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Laury and I really like this drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be the wing clipper when I was a boy but luckily I've calmed down since then. Nice and bloody.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The illustration reminds me of an old Bush video. The band, not something else. You ask when does responsibility takes over bad influence. Sometimes it simply doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nietzsche - indeed, we also have the potential to be a wing clipper.

    Melissa - haven't listened to them in years. that's true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah! spread the angels ribs!!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Riotbreather03:28

    We're all saints and sinners. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Octapolis - hell yeah!

    Riotbreather - the human condition.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i don't care for them either, but the question of where responsibility lays still remains: the wing clipper or those who allow their wings to be clipped?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It may be that they are just mentally ill and the only real thrill they can feel is in controlling, killing or causing chaos with others. Most call it psychopathy.

    I just call it government.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have known a few guys like him.... the first was my good friend "Mike" in 4th grade... It is not very hard to transform even the nicest of people into something monstrous and "uncaring"... all it takes is to learn their "hopes" and weaknesses .. add a bit of psychology... and you have achieved "Behavioral modification"... simple..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mrs. Katie - intriguing...

    David - you're probably right. lol. 'they' have putting stuff in the water for years.

    Dr. Theda - psychological insight is like a tool. it can be used for good or bad

    ReplyDelete

Crack it up...