Thursday

The Award (interlude #5)




Sometime in July, Kaijinu from Sticky Red: A Body Count Compendium, awarded me with The Liebster Award... To be honest, I don't give a shit about these awards, but I do care about people. So, as a big thanks to him and to everyone who visits Invizible Kidz, I've decided to interrupt my usual programming to accept and pass along this... the love.
Details after the break.


This is the real logo of The Liebster Award, the one we should use, but it's so... pink! And a fucking heart...? Is it any wonder I chose to make a messed up version of it?



Anyway, here are the rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
4. Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post.
5. Go to their page and tell them.
6. No tag backs.

STEP 1:

1 - I'm an American who's currently living in Portugal America.
2 - My favorite food is pizza.
3 - I haven't drawn in 7 years and all my formal education is in science (biotechnology).
4 - My favorite color is International Klein Blue.
5 - Crazy shit happens to me when I'm in a good mood.
6 - I used to have this other blog where I wrote about comic books, cutting-edge science, music, life-styles, movies, and where I penned the occasional rant. No drawings, though.
7 - You can find some of my favorite music, movies, and books on my profile page.
8 - My favorite traits in people are curiosity and loyalty.
9 - I have the best cat in the universe. 
10 - I also have a small scar next to my left eye. They say girls like scars...
11 - This post took so fucking long. If you weren't such great people I would've posted a photo of my feet with some metaphysical crap about walking the earth. (Lazy is right.)

STEP 2:

1- Had you ever daydreamed about something and what's the most memorable one you ever had?
A - Maybe some school teacher fantasy, but no, not really. I do however, have very lucid dreams. Sometimes I'm shooting my way through a hoard of zombies while surviving a post-apocalyptic world. That's a recurring one; there are more. Some dreams are even better than reality.

2 - Who's the one comic book hero you NEVER want to see made to a movie out of respect and fear of flopping?
A - None. Make them all. Remakes, too. I don't care. I'm proactive. Making something is always better. There's a chance of it being good. Not making something is never knowing; that's worse.

3 - Will you try to dance Jamie Lee Curtis' disco scene in Prom Night (1980) with a partner?
A - Make sure the partner is a hot girl and pass me a bottle of strong liquid courage.

4 - Name one of the least likely movie franchise entry that suddenly became your number one fav.
A - Lord of the Rings, probably. I didn't know Tolkien before the movies. There are many like me, but most just won't admit it. And since it came out the same year as Harry Potter, I thought it would be too childish. What a surprise to witness such skull crushing magic!

5 - What's the weirdest movie experience you had involving a movie?
A - Me and a gf went to see The Exorcism of Emily Rose and the movie talked a lot about 3am being the hour of the witch and how weird things happen at that time. At 3am we were in bed just talking and waiting for sleep to come when suddenly we heard a great loud crack. We almost shit the bed! I know it was only old furniture cracking, but... fuuuuuuck!

6 - Did you ever have a crush on a fantasy character in your teen years? If yes, who?
The girls from the X-Men. All of them. At the same time.

7 - If a movie character out of your fav flicks suddenly appeared in front of your doorstep, who will it be and what'll you do?
The Stalker from the movie Stalker (1979) would take me into the Zone.

8 - WATCH OUT! EXTRA TERRESTRIALS! And you have a shed behind you! What'll you do?
A - I'd go look for them. Not because I'm brave, but because I would be really curious. I'd pick a sharp tool from the shed just to be cautious.

9 - With all the news on rocket launches, disease outbreaks and people killing each other, how close do you think we are before things go 28 Weeks Later?
No luck on that front. It's more like 280 years later. Societies crumble slowly.

10 - If you had the power to change your appearance, who's face you're gonna try first.
I'd probably choose the face of the richest celebrity of whatever country I was in and try to make the most of it. Free meals, free test-drives, complementary hotel room... and anything else, just put it on my tab.

11 - Worst tasting delicacy you ever encountered?
A - The owner of a pizzeria once offered me a shot of this paprika liquor. It was the most vile thing I ever had the misfortune to burn my gums with. I spent the whole afternoon nauseous.


STEP 3.

1 - What do you enjoy most about blogging?
2 - You're going to be shipped off to some deserted island. You can only bring 1 book, 1 movie, 1 music album, and 1 bottle; what are they?
3 - If you could download a great amount of information into your brain instantly, but only once, what would this information be about? (ex: a language, a martial art, a college degree, etc)
4 - What's your favorite color?
5 - Favorite dead celebrity to have dinner and a couple of drinks with.
6 - Suppose God exists and you can ask him/her/it one question, what would it be?
7 - If you were given the chance to spend a month somewhere with everything paid for, where would it be?
8 - You wake up in a post-apocalyptic world. Everyone is gone. What do you do for fun?
9 - A time machine appears in your living room. Past or Future? When and why?
10 - What's your favorite fictional character?
11 - Share a joke.

STEP 4.

It is with great pleasure I bestow this award upon thee:
1 - Nuki from http://papsmearofzombies.blogspot.pt/
2 - Judka from http://oldgooddays.blogspot.com/
3 - Mrs. Katie from http://mrs-katie.blogspot.pt/
4 - David from http://strangedaysindeednews.blogspot.com/
5 - Basil from http://awesomesnapz.blogspot.pt/
6 - Jorg from http://www.frumptonshire.blogspot.pt/
7 - Kat from http://thisisfreakadelle.blogspot.pt/
8 - Echo from http://freakanzoygallery.blogspot.pt/
9 - Voltech from http://cross-up.blogspot.pt/
10 - Dr. Theda from http://thedascrypt.blogspot.pt/
11 - John from http://www.knifedinvenice.com/

Once again, I want to thank everybody who has, in some way, been a part of this blogging experience. Cheers!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you :)
    And yeah, I think it looks better in blue...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh you chose me, too! Haha thanks... Will do it this weekend I think :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I was wondering if you were going to respond to it. I just consider it to be chain mail, but with a cool concept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the girls from X-Men eh?...hold on, just a sec, I'm gonna phone Laura Kinney about you...

    how bad did you say that Paprika Liquor was again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hah, its an interesting way to get to know you. thats for sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laury - screw pink.

    Kat - of course, i chose you, too.

    David - yeah, i seriously pondered not doing it, but then i thought how cool it would be to read everyone's entries.

    Kaijinu - when i was a kid the only x-men girls were Marvel Girl, Rogue, Storm, Psylocke and Jubilee. paprika liquor... never again.

    Catharina - it is indeed.

    Mrs. Katie - cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must do it... give me a time! haha I will do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your 11 Questions... And those of "It Came from the Man Cave"....I will answer both ...Working on it Now...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry it Took us Sooo very Looong to respond to you 11 Questions... I hope that our answers were to your "liking"... I really enjoy your blog .."Invisible Kidz"... and I love the use of "blue" in your art .. your "fiend" and follower ...the Doctor

    ReplyDelete

Crack it up...