Sunday

The Dragon Slayer

Once upon a time in a faraway bar, a group of friends and I were feeling rather bored. Fortunately, thank the gods, there was enough beer money for us to come up with some form of entertainment. We courageously drank ourselves into a discussion about the coolest "impossible" job to have: 1930's Hardboiled Detective? International Hitman? Cold-War Honeypot Spy? Space-Age Superhero? For Sebastian, it was Medieval Dragon Slayer!
I busted out into laughter when I heard him say it. The reason why lies in the fact that I've only ever seen Sebastian get into a fight once, and before I was able to separate him from the other guy, they knocked each other out cold with a single synchronized punch each. Just like that. A single punch each was all it took. Now, I've seen and been involved in my fair share of bar fights, but I had never seen something like that. It took me awhile to get over it. Only then, did I finally try to wake Sebastian up and unglue him from the sticky beer soaked floor. So, based on his battling history, I told the others that I had a pretty good idea about the end result of Sebastian's dragon slaying day: 


18 comments:

  1. haha... dragon slayer is a good job idea... i will ask my boss tomorrow, if he needs one! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, i'd probably go for the honeypot spy.
      unless they ordered me to seduce Angela Merkel. blaaarghh!

      Delete
  2. Hello , my Friend and a Happy Easter to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dragon slayer...could be worst. Did you draw that? It's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks a lot. yes, i did. every word and image here is by me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Medieval Dragon Slayer is awesome!!! However, I would not slay the Dragon, I would try to befriend it like Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of Dragons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wouldn't mind having my own dragons, too. dragons are awesome,
    on the other hand, cleaning after them is probably a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss your stories and your drawings! Great!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Nuki. it's nice to be back.

      Delete
  8. Whoa! You're back! It's been way too long :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it has. life'll do that to a guy.
      good to hear from you, bud.

      Delete
  9. my friend! how are you?
    Happy to see that you still manage to have such amusing small talks with friends... some of us miss that happy hours of doing.... well... nothing!
    By the way,
    <re coming to this side of the atlantic soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, sorry about that. i've been absent for too long. i'll talk to you better on FB. cheers.

      Delete
  10. Such bizarre yet intriguing stories you have of you and your friends! You have a great blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. it's been a fun ride.

      Delete

Crack it up...